Dynamites Learn to Play Hockey
The Dynamites Learn to Play Hockey Program is a great opportunity for young boys and girls to learn more about the game of hockey, log quality ice time, and receive skating instruction from qualified and professional staff. The Dynamites curriculum is designed to teach the FUNdamentals of hockey skating to new players. Skaters will learn the basic hockey stance, stride, knee bend, use of edges, and other necessary fundamentals to be successful in hockey practices and game situations. This Twin Rinks Skating School program is a Learn to Skate USA-sanctioned program developed by US Figure Skating and endorsed by USA Hockey.
Proudly endorsed by:
The Twin Rinks Difference
- Our program is designed & developed for the 3-5-year-old future hockey player
- Classes are taught by the most experienced Skating & Hockey Professionals in Fairfield County
- Convenient class schedules & Low player-to-instructor ratio
- Participants will receive an official Dynamites Hockey Jersey
- 50 minutes of instruction & fun on-ice activities weekly
- Rental skates are included
- Players earn badges as they progress through levels
- Twin Rinks Skating School is ranked Top 10 Skating Schools in CT & Top 25 Skating Schools on the East Coast by Learn to Skate USA
2023 Learn to Play Cycle Dates & Times
Cycle 4: 3/3 – 4/21/23 (8 Weeks) | Saturdays | 11:05 am-11:55 am (Class Time TBD) & Fridays | 4:00-5:15pm (Class Time TBD)
For more info on our Learn to Skate Program, click here.
Our ice rink is chilly! To ensure all skaters are prepared, we designed this list of recommended clothing and equipment. When our skaters are warm and safe, they are “free to be” and it speeds up the learning process!
Hockey Helmet with Cage
Hockey Skates (or Rentals)
Pants (No Jeans)
Winter Jacket/Fleece Top
Hockey Stick (Flat Blade)
Visit Wesco Sports Center at Twin Rinks for all your equipment needs!
- Arrive 30 minutes early on your very first day to settle into your space and navigate our registration table, skate rental counter, etc.
- Check-in at the Learn to skate table at the front entrance to receive your name badge for class.
- Pick up skates at the skate counter, just right off the main entrance.
- Head to the rink & find your coaches. High-fives are always encouraged
- All skaters will learn to fall, but more importantly, they learn to get back up!
- We understand that conflicts may arise during each cycle. Due to the high demand of skating lessons, make-up classes CANNOT be arranged.
- You may not switch between days for Group Lessons. You must select one day/time for the duration of the cycle.
- All classes, camps, skating programs & Learn to Skate program fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Refunds will only be considered for a medical reason accompanied by a Doctor’s note. There will be a $35.00 administration fee applied to all refunds.
- Twin Rinks reserves the right to combine classes, reschedule, change, or cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances.
- After we register you with Learn to Skate USA, you will receive a sticker book in the mail that guides you through all the skills and levels your skater will be learning so you can engage in conversation with your skater and ask them about the skills they worked on in class each week.
Looking for other opportunities for your little one(s) to skate? Ask our staff about public skating, clinics, leagues & private lessons!