Twin Rinks Skating School
The Twin Rinks Skating School follows the nationally recognized Learn to Skate USA curriculum designed to serve the needs of all skaters – beginners through advanced and recreational through competitive. Our mission is to provide a fun and safe learning environment, while helping those of all skill levels achieve their personal goals. This comprehensive, goal-oriented, program offers a variety of classes/levels such as Snowplow Sam, Basic Skills, Free Skate, Introduction to Synchronized Skating, Hockey Skating Skills, Adult, and Parent and Child. Our program participants have the opportunity to participate in ice shows, competitions, a variety of specialty classes and clinics, and more!
The Twin Rinks Skating School boasts a membership of in excess of 600 skaters (2020-2021 season)! The school is currently ranked as one of the top 10 skating schools in Connecticut and top 25 skating schools on the east coast by U.S. Figure Skating. In addition, the school has been among the top 20 in the United States for over two decades and is the largest program in Fairfield County. The Twin Rinks Skating School holds the Professional Skaters Association’s Excellence on Ice designation and Stamford Twin Rinks is a two-time winner of the Professional Skaters Association’s Fritz Dietl Award for Ice Arena Excellence.
There are many lifelong benefits that go hand in hand with skating lessons. Learning how to skate builds strength, develops confidence, provides an appreciation for exercise, and teaches the value of perseverance. Skaters learn to overcome challenges on the ice to achieve their goals, a skill that is highly transferable to challenges later on in life. There is endless fun to be had on the ice! What will skating do for you and your child(ren)? Find out by enrolling in our program today!
The Twin Rinks Difference
- One of the largest U.S. Figure Skating Learn To Skate USA® programs in the United States ranked top 10 in Connecticut and top 25 on the east coast
- Highly experienced coaches certified by the Professional Skaters Association and U.S. Figure Skating
- Programs for all levels and all family members
- Low coach to student ratio
- End of cycle evaluations, certificates, and badges (for those advancing to the next skating level)
- Recognition for Skaters of the Week
- We offer holiday camps, day off from school camps, and summer programs
- Winter and spring ice shows
- Bring a friend to skate referral program
Proudly endorsed by:
Twin Rinks has been the preeminent ice skating center in Lower Fairfield County for 20+ years and includes:
- The only facility in the region with 2 regulation size ice rinks
- Professional Ballet Studio
- Jump harness
- High tech digital sound system featuring RinkMusic
- Pro Shop with a full line of Skating equipment and apparel
- Professional skate sharpening services
- New England’s only Professional Skaters Association (PSA) “Excellence on Ice” rink
- The only New England ice rink to win the prestigious PSA Fritz Dietl Award (and we have won not once, but twice!)