We’re making sure that our skating community stays safe & healthy. See the measures we are taking here.
July 5th-11th Freestyle Sessions
Please note that priority registration is given to our in-house coaching staff, our regular guest coaches, and their students. Once those spots have been secured, any remaining spots are filled using the Freestyle Session Registration Procedure outlined below.
Please check our Facebook page Saturday morning PRIOR to making any reservation requests. Sold out/nearly sold out sessions will be posted to help you with your selections.
Freestyle Session Reservation Procedure:
Reservations for sessions on July 5th-July 11th will be taken starting July 4th at 9:00 am via EMAIL ONLY. NO PHONE RESERVATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
1. Our freestyle schedule is available below.
2. A maximum of 25 people will be allowed on a freestyle session (this includes skaters and coaches) – NO EXCEPTIONS! Spots must be reserved for skaters AND coaches on each session. A coach may not teach on a session without securing a registration code and paying a coaching commission online.
3. Reservations will be taken on a first email received, first served basis. You may reserve up to 2 sessions per day for each day between July 5-11.
4. To reserve a session(s), send an email to Gabrielle Valiquette (firstname.lastname@example.org) AT or AFTER 9:00 am on Saturday, July 4th and include the following information:
- Skater’s name and skating level
- 1st choice of sessions (include date(s) and time(s))
- 2nd choice of sessions (if 1st choice(s) are not available)
- Specify if you are requesting a practice session or a session with a lesson**
- Your contact information
- ** If you are requesting a spot for your coach, include your coach’s name and whether you want to request the session even if a spot is not available for your coach**
5. If your 1st or 2nd choice sessions are available, you will receive a registration code for each session via email. Once you receive your code, you may register for your session. The code must be entered in the comments section. DO NOT REGISTER UNLESS YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CODE. Registrations received without codes will be rejected. If you do not register and pay for the session within 24 hours, your spot will be forfeited and the sessions will be made available to the next person in line. REGISTER HERE
6. If you do not receive a response to your reservation request by Sunday evening, your 1st and 2nd choice sessions are not available.
7. Your reservation is not complete unless you receive a confirmation e-mail.
8. If your requested sessions are not available, you will be contacted with alternative available times via email. Please note that alternative available sessions are offered to multiple people. The first person to request the spot will receive a registration code and the spot will be held for that person.
Please contact Gabrielle Valiquette at G_Valiquette@StamfordTwinRinks.com to obtain your individually assigned registration codes. Please be sure to include the required information in your email.
Private Lessons & Freestyle Sessions
Skaters of all skill levels who are committed to improving their skills more rapidly will benefit from the additional practice time available during freestyle sessions and from one-on-one or small group private lessons from the Twin Rinks’ professional coaches. Twin Rinks offers more convenient freestyle times year-round than any other ice rink in the Metro-New York area, and more than all other Fairfield County rinks combined.
Private lessons offer the opportunity for the motivated skater to train with experienced, proven coaches in order to master the skills need to participate in competitive events and to earn higher ratings. Instruction is available for freestyle, moves in the field, ice dance, power skating, and test and competition preparation.
All Twin Rinks coaches are private contractors, who set their own fees and schedules directly with students
Outside Coaching Policy
Outside coaches who are fully licensed and in good standing with US Figure Skating (USFSA CER-A or CER-B) and insured are welcome to teach at Twin Rinks provided that they follow all Twin Rinks rules and policies and adhere to the Professional Skaters Association Code of Ethics. A copy of a liability insurance certificate must be on file with Gabrielle Valiquette, Skating School Director. A commission fee of $10/session or $25/day must be paid online PRIOR to coaching any lessons at our facility.
Please contact Gabrielle Valiquette, Skating School Director, at 203-968-9000×16 for more information on freestyle sessions & outside coaching policy.
All schedules are subject to change. Please check daily for the most up-to-date session times.
Twin Rinks has the right to share ice with Twin Rinks Group Lessons, Clinics & camps.
|Figure Skating Session Policies & Procedures|
|All skaters will check in at the Admissions Desk upon arrival and sign in on the participation sheet. Subscribers names will be pre-printed on participation sheet. Subscribers must initial after their name|
|Walk-on Guests must print their name and initial after it in the space provided|
|Payment in full for ice time is then made|
|All skaters enter their coaches name in the box(s) for lesson times|
|All skaters will be issued a receipt and a colored sticker to be worn in a visible location while on the ice|
|Skaters are not allowed on the ice without sticker.|
|One sticker color during session whether just practicing or for a private lesson|
|If skater has a lesson, admissions will mark sticker with No. of lessons and circle it (with a sharpie).|
|If skater is just practicing, then there will be no mark on the sticker|
|Subscribers will have a sticker with their name and the time of the session|
|Students will pay their instructors directly: cash, check, instructor credit card/thru smart phone|