Updated March 7, 2021
Due to State of Connecticut and City of Stamford regulations, all freestyle sessions are currently capped at a maximum headcount of 30 skaters per session.
Private lessons are available for skaters ages 3 yrs to adult and all skating abilities, including 1st timers. Private lessons are taught during freestyle sessions. All Twin Rinks in-house coaches are independent contractors who set their own fees and schedules directly with their clients. Private lessons may be used as a supplement to group lessons offered through the Twin Rinks Skating School or as the sole source of coaching for skaters.
Private lessons are available for Recreational, Freestyle, Ice Dance, Moves in the Field, and Hockey Skating Skills. If you would like to learn more about private lesson options for either you and/or your child(ren), please contact Gabrielle Valiquette, at (203) 968-9000 x16 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Skaters who have based Basic 4 of the Learn to Skate USA curriculum or equivalent may practice on freestyle sessions independently and without being supervised by a coach.
- Skaters who have not yet passed the Basic 4 level may not skate on a freestyle session unless they are in a lesson. This is for the safety of the inexperienced skater, as well as all of the other skaters on the ice.
Guest coaches who are fully licensed, insured, and in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating are welcome to coach at Twin Rinks during freestyle sessions. Guest coaches must adhere to all Twin Rinks rules and policies, as well as the PSA Professional Code of Ethics and be approved by Gabrielle Valiquette, Skating Director.
In order to be approved as a guest coach, the following must be submitted to Gabrielle:
- A fully executed Facility Use Agreement
- Proof of liability insurance for the 2020-2021 season
- Proof of US Figure Skating coaching compliance for the 2020-2021 season
- A completed contact information sheet
- A current photograph
Daily coaching commission passes, 10 session punch cards, and walk-on commission rates are outlined below. Please contact Gabrielle Valiquette at (203) 968-9000 ×16 for more information on freestyle session availability, as well as guest coaching policies, procedures, and commissions.
for any sessions between
6:00am and 1:00pm
if using an
Off-Peak Commission Punch Card
for any sessions starting
after 1:00pm on weekdays
and any weekend sessions
if using a
Peak Commission Punch Card
for one day)
- Coaches must check-in at the Admissions Desk PRIOR to teaching any lessons and sign the freestyle log for each session
- If using a Punch Card, the card must be presented at check-in PRIOR to each session. If the Punch Card is not presented at check-in, the walk-on rate must be paid.
- Lost or stolen Punch Cards will not be replaced.
- Off-Peak Commission Punch Cards may not be used for Peak sessions; however, Peak Commission Cards may be used for Off-Peak Sessions.
All schedules are subject to change. Please check daily for the most up-to-date session times. Twin Rinks reserves the right to share ice with Twin Rinks Skating School group lessons, clinics, & camps.
|Figure Skating Session Policies & Procedures|
|All skaters will check in at the Admissions Desk upon arrival and sign in on the participation sheet. Subscribers names will be pre-printed on participation sheet. Subscribers must initial after their name|
|Walk-on Guests must print their name and initial after it in the space provided|
|Payment in full for ice time is then made|
|All skaters enter their coaches name in the box(s) for lesson times|
|All skaters will be issued a receipt and a colored sticker to be worn in a visible location while on the ice|
|Skaters are not allowed on the ice without sticker.|
|One sticker color during session whether just practicing or for a private lesson|
|If skater has a lesson, admissions will mark sticker with No. of lessons and circle it (with a sharpie).|
|If skater is just practicing, then there will be no mark on the sticker|
|Subscribers will have a sticker with their name and the time of the session|
|Students will pay their instructors directly: cash, check, instructor credit card/thru smart phone|