Freestyle Sessions are designed for figure skaters to practice their routines and advanced skills. Skaters who have passed Basic 4 of the Learn to Skate USA curriculum or equivalent may practice on our Freestyle Sessions. Below are a few reminders to keep in mind when attending our Freestyle Sessions:
- Skaters who have passed Basic 4 of the Learn to Skate USA curriculum or equivalent may practice on Freestyle Sessions independently without being supervised by a coach.
- Skaters who have not yet passed the Basic 4 level MAY NOT skate on a Freestyle Session unless they have a scheduled lesson. This is for the safety of the inexperienced skaters, as well as all of the other skaters on the session.
All available sessions are posted on the Freestyle Session Calendar below.
Fall Freestyle Subscriptions
- Fall Freestyle Subscriptions begin on Monday, September 6th.
- A limited number of subscriptions will be available until Sunday, September 12th, unless they are sold out prior to that date. No additional subscriptions may be purchased once the subscription are sold out and/or the sales period has ended.
- There are no makeups or credits issued for missed subscribed sessions.
- Subscriptions may be purchased online, over the phone (203.968.9000), or in person.
|Fall 2021 Walk-On Rates:|
|Monday through Friday: 6:00A-6:50A - $19|
|Monday through Friday: 6:50A-7:40A - $19|
|Monday through Friday: 7:40A-8:55A - $19|
|Monday/Tuesday/Thursday: 1:25P-2:40P - $20|
|Monday through Thursday: 2:50P-3:50P - $25|
|Wednesday: 11:35A-12:35P - $20|
|Wednesday: 12:35P-1:50P - $20|
|Wednesday: 4:50P-6:05P - $33|
|Friday: 11:35A-12:25P - $18|
|Friday: 12:25P-1:15P - $18|
|Friday: 2:25P-3:15P - $21|
|Friday: 3:15P-4:05P - $26|
|Saturday: 9:40A-10:55A - $33|
|Figure Skating Session Policies & Procedures|
|All skaters will check in at the Admissions Desk upon arrival and sign in on the participation sheet. Subscribers names will be pre-printed on participation sheet. Subscribers must initial after their name|
|Walk-on Guests must print their name and initial after it in the space provided|
|Payment in full for ice time is then made|
|All skaters enter their coaches name in the box(s) for lesson times|
|All skaters will be issued a receipt and a colored sticker to be worn in a visible location while on the ice|
|Skaters are not allowed on the ice without sticker.|
|One sticker color during session whether just practicing or for a private lesson|
|If skater has a lesson, admissions will mark sticker with No. of lessons and circle it (with a sharpie).|
|If skater is just practicing, then there will be no mark on the sticker|
|Subscribers will have a sticker with their name and the time of the session|
|Students will pay their instructors directly: cash, check, instructor credit card/through smart phone|
Private lessons are available for skaters ages 3 through adult and all skating abilities, including 1st timers. Private lessons are taught during freestyle sessions. All Twin Rinks in-house coaches are independent contractors who set their own fees and schedules directly with their clients.
Private lessons are available for freestyle, ice dance, Moves in the Field, hockey skating skills, and recreational skating. If you would like to learn more about private lesson options for either you and/or your child(ren), please contact Twin Rinks Skating School.
All schedules are subject to change. Please check daily for the most up-to-date session times. Twin Rinks reserves the right to share ice with Twin Rinks Skating School group lessons, clinics, & camps.