Updated January 2, 2020
Due to current City and State regulations, all freestyle sessions are currently capped at a maximum headcount of 5 (FIVE) skaters per session. All freestyle sessions will require reservations and pre-registrations as outlined below:
No additional FALL 2020 Freestyle subscriptions may be purchased at this time. Information regarding Winter 2021 subscriptions will be available shortly.
Skaters of all skill levels who are committed to improving their skills more rapidly will benefit from the additional practice time available during freestyle sessions and from one-on-one or small group private lessons from the Twin Rinks’ professional coaches. Twin Rinks offers more convenient freestyle times year-round than any other ice rink in the Metro-New York area, and more than all other Fairfield County rinks combined.
Private lessons offer the opportunity for the motivated skater to train with experienced, proven coaches in order to master the skills need to participate in competitive events and to earn higher ratings. Instruction is available for freestyle, moves in the field, ice dance, power skating, and test and competition preparation.
All Twin Rinks coaches are private contractors. They set their own fees and schedules directly with students. If you would like to inquire about private lessons and obtain a recommendation for a coach for your child(ren), please contact Gabrielle Valiquette, at (203) 968-9000 x16 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twin Rinks Skating School welcomes all compliant Guest Coaches! Outside coaches who are fully licensed and in good standing with US Figure Skating (USFS CER-A or CER-B) and insured are welcome to teach at Twin Rinks provided that they follow all Twin Rinks rules and policies and adhere to the Professional Skaters Association Code of Ethics. The following must be on file at all times: (1) fully executed guest coaching agreement; (2) proof of liability insurance for the current season; (3) contact information sheet; and, (4) current photograph. Daily coaching passes, 10 session punch cards, and walk-on commission rates available.
Please contact Gabrielle Valiquette at (203) 968-9000 ×16 for more information on freestyle session availability, as well as guest coaching policies, procedures, and commissions.
Guest coaches are welcome to coach students on all freestyle sessions at Twin Rinks, space permitting. All guest coaches must sign a Facility Use Agreement, provide proof of U.S. Figure Skating membership, and provide proof of insurance for the 2020-2021 season. Coaches must complete a contact information form and provide a current photo that will be kept on file. Photos may be in hard copy/printed format or in digital format – emailed to Gabrielle Valiquette, Skating Director, at email@example.com
- Coaches must make reservations for all sessions to confirm the availability of a coaching spot while CT and CDC headcount restrictions continue to be in place. Contact Gabrielle Valiquette to make a reservation.
- Coach Commissions for the 2020-2021 season are outlined below. PLEASE NOTE THAT COACHES MAY USE THEIR PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED PUNCH CARDS DURING PHASE 2.1+; HOWEVER, NEW PUNCH CARDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE UNTIL WE ARE BACK TO A MAXIMUM SESSIONS CAPACITY OF 25+.
for any sessions between
6:00am and 1:00pm
if using an
Early Bird/Day Time Punch Card
for any sessions starting
after 1:00pm on weekdays
and any weekend sessions
if using a
Prime Time Punch Card
for one day)
- Coaches must check-in at the Admissions Desk PRIOR to teaching any lessons and sign the freestyle log
- If using a Punch Card, the card must be presented at check-in. If the Punch Card is not presented at check-in, the walk-on rate must be paid.
- Lost or stolen Punch Cards will not be replaced
Early Bird/Daytime Punch Cards may not be used for Prime Time sessions and vice versa
- All guest coaches must be in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating, follow all Twin Rinks policies and guidelines, and adhere to the Professional Skaters Association Code of Ethics at all times.
- For any questions or concerns, please contact Gabrielle Valiquette, Skating Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All schedules are subject to change. Please check daily for the most up-to-date session times. Twin Rinks reserves the right to share ice with Twin Rinks Skating School group lessons, clinics, & camps.
|Figure Skating Session Policies & Procedures|
|All skaters will check in at the Admissions Desk upon arrival and sign in on the participation sheet. Subscribers names will be pre-printed on participation sheet. Subscribers must initial after their name|
|Walk-on Guests must print their name and initial after it in the space provided|
|Payment in full for ice time is then made|
|All skaters enter their coaches name in the box(s) for lesson times|
|All skaters will be issued a receipt and a colored sticker to be worn in a visible location while on the ice|
|Skaters are not allowed on the ice without sticker.|
|One sticker color during session whether just practicing or for a private lesson|
|If skater has a lesson, admissions will mark sticker with No. of lessons and circle it (with a sharpie).|
|If skater is just practicing, then there will be no mark on the sticker|
|Subscribers will have a sticker with their name and the time of the session|
|Students will pay their instructors directly: cash, check, instructor credit card/thru smart phone|