Dynamites Learn to Play Hockey
The Dynamites Learn to Play Hockey Program is a great opportunity for young boys and girls to learn more about the game of hockey, log quality ice time, and receive skating instruction from qualified and professional staff. The Dynamites curriculum is designed to teach the FUNdamentals of hockey skating to new players. Skaters will learn the basic hockey stance, stride, knee bend, use of edges, and other necessary fundamentals to be successful in hockey practices and game situations. This Twin Rinks Skating School program is a Learn to Skate USA sanctioned program developed by US Figure Skating and endorsed by USA Hockey.
Proudly endorsed by:
- Designed for the 3-5-year-old future hockey player
- Designed & run by proven skating & hockey professionals
- Participants will receive an official Dynamites Hockey Jersey
- Low player-to-instructor ratio with development through progressive teaching methods
- 50 minutes of instruction & fun on-ice activities weekly
- Rental skates are included ($40 value)
- Players earn badges as they progress through levels
2022 Learn to Play Cycle Dates
Cycle 5: 04/30 – 06/04/22 (NO CLASS 06/11) | (6 Weeks)
2022 Learn to Play Class Times
Saturdays | 11:05am – 11:55am
If you have any questions about the appropriate program for your child, please contact Sarah Waterbury at (203) 968-9000 x 16 or email@example.com
For more info on our Learn to Skate Program, click here.
Our ice rink is chilly! To ensure all skaters are prepared, we designed this list of recommended clothing and equipment. When our skaters are warm and safe, they are “free to be” and it speeds up the learning process!
Hockey Helmet with Cage
Hockey Skates (or Rentals)
Pants (No Jeans)
Winter Jacket/Fleece Top
Hockey Stick (Flat Blade)
Visit Wesco Sports Center at Twin Rinks for all your equipment needs!
- Arrive 30 minutes early on your very first day to settle into your space and navigate our registration table, skate rental counter, etc.
- Check-in at the Learn to skate table at the front entrance to receive your name badge for class.
- Pick up skates at the skate counter, just right off the main entrance.
- Head to the rink & find your coaches. High-fives are always encouraged!
- We understand that conflicts may arise during each cycle. Unfortunately, we CANNOT offer make-up classes.
- You may not switch between days for group lessons. You must select one day/time for the duration of the cycle.
- All classes are non-refundable; however, should you choose to withdraw once a cycle has started, you will receive a credit equivalent to the pro-rated amount paid for the lessons (less the program enrollment fee). The credit may be applied to a future cycle of group lessons, summer programs, school’s out programs, public sessions, freestyle sessions, or Twin Rinks hockey programs.
- If you withdraw prior to the start of a cycle, you will receive a refund equivalent to the amount paid for lessons (less the program enrollment fee).
- Twin Rinks reserves the right to combine classes, reschedule, change, or cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances.
- After we register you with Learn to Skate USA, you will receive a sticker book in the mail that guides you through all the skills and levels your skater will be learning so you can engage in conversation with your skater and ask them about the skills they worked on in class each week.
- Our coaches are available during free time to discuss your skater’s needs and to answer any questions you may have. Let them know before class when you drop your skater off rinkside, and they can meet you during free time.
Looking for other opportunities to skate? Ask our staff about public skating, clinics, leagues & private lessons!