Twin Rinks Home School Skating School
The Home School Skating School follows the nationally recognized Learn to Skate USA curriculum designed to serve the needs of all skaters. Our mission is to provide a fun and safe learning environment while helping those of all skill levels achieve their personal goals.
Our classes run in the Fall , Winter and Spring. All Home School skater registrations include:
- 25 minutes of group instruction from our experienced coaches
- Public Skate practice time after group instruction – The perfect place to socialize with fellow Home Schoolers and your family!
- Rental skates are included
The Twin Rinks Difference
- Twin Rinks Skating School is ranked Top 10 Skating Schools in CT & Top 25 Skating Schools on the East Coast by Learn to Skate USA
- Classes taught by the most experienced Skating Professionals in Fairfield County
- Our program follows the nationally recognized Learn to Skate USA curriculum
- This is one of a kind program offered exclusively to Home Schoolers
- Low ratio class sizes which can be divided into skill and age
Learn to Skate USA is proudly endorsed by:
Check out this great article from the CT Examiner on the Home School Skating School: http://tinyurl.com/HomeSchoolSkatingSchool
Cycle times & dates
- Cycle 1: 10/3-11/7 | 10:30am or 10:55am
- Cycle 2: 11/7 – 12/19 | 10:30am or 10:55am
- Cycle 3: 1/9/24 – 2/13/24 | 10:30am or 10:55am
- Cycle 4: 2/20/24 – 3/26/24 | 10:30am or 10:55am
Class time will depend on size/ability of group registrations.
For all questions and concerns, email Daniela: email@example.com
- What to Expect on Your First day of Class
- Recommended & Suggested Attire for Skaters
- Refund Policy & Registration for Parents
- Arrive 30 minutes early on your very first day to settle into your space and navigate our registration table, skate rental counter, etc.
- Check-in at the Learn to skate table at the front entrance to receive your name badge for class.
- Pick up skates at the skate counter, just right off the main entrance.
- Head to the rink & wait rink-side until your coach greets your skater at the door. High-fives are always encouraged!
- All skaters will learn to fall, but more importantly, they learn to get back up.
Safety is a top priority for us. Here are some equipment/clothing requirements and suggestions for participation in the group classes at the Twin Rinks Skating School.
- Helmets are required for all skaters enrolled in Home School Skate School. Hockey, skating, ski, and bicycle helmets that are properly fitted are acceptable for all classes. Hockey helmets with face cages offer maximum protection, followed by skating, ski, and bicycle helmets.
- Gloves or mittens are required for all skaters. They provide both warmth and safety.
- Warm, comfortable clothes that allow for easy movement are best for skating classes. Layering will help skaters stay warm and adjust to changing temperatures.
- Snow pants, long pants, athletic pants, leggings, or tights (with a skating dress, skirt, or leotard). For safety and ease of movement, pants should not fall below the heel of the skate or drag on the ground. Young children often prefer snow pants, which make them feel padded and dry. Shorts are not permitted unless worn over tights or leggings.
- Thin-to medium-weight high socks or tights. Skates should fit snugly, so thick socks are not recommended. Socks should come up higher than the top of the skate boot, to prevent the skate from rubbing against the leg. Tights are a great choice for girls, either under pants or with a skating dress, skirt, or leotard.
- Jacket, fleece, sweater, sweatshirt, and/or long sleeve shirt. Skaters can always remove layers during class time.
Check out Wesco Sports Center at Twin Rinks for a great selection of recreational, hockey, and figure skating equipment and apparel.
- All skaters must be pre-registered prior to the cycle. No walk-ins or same-day registrations.
- We understand that conflicts may arise during each cycle. Make-up classes CANNOT be arranged.
- All classes, camps, skating programs & Learn to Skate program fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Refunds will only be considered for a medical reason accompanied by a Doctor’s note. There will be a $35.00 administration fee applied to all refunds.
- Twin Rinks reserves the right to combine classes, reschedule, change, or cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances.
- After we register you with Learn to Skate USA, you will receive a sticker book in the mail that guides you through all the skills and levels your skater will be learning so you can engage in conversation with your skater and ask them about the skills they worked on in class each week
- Looking for other opportunities for your child to skate? Ask our staff about public skating, clinics, leagues & private lessons!