Safety & Health Measures
Our No. 1 priority is to keep our participants, guests, tenants, and staff healthy while providing exceptional on-ice programming. To do this, we are taking many steps to keep everyone safe. Remember we are all in this together and we need your help to keep everyone safe.
- Twin Rinks is registered and certified through the State of CT for reopening.
- Do not enter Twin Rinks, if you’re feeling or showing symptoms of any communicable disease.
- High-risk customers are encouraged not to enter the facility.
- Our experienced maintenance department has established rigorous cleaning standards with CDC approved chemicals.
- Customers will have access only to those parts of the facility that are open.
- Rink capacity has been reduced under state guidelines per rink.
- Ice times have been booked with spacing to prevent engagement between customers entering and exiting.
- All customers are required to wear masks in the building. Masks are not required for skaters when on the ice, but coaches must wear masks on the ice. Masks will be available to purchase with proceeds going to 4-CT & Project HOPE.
- Only 1 parent or guardian per program participant is allowed inside the facility.
- Twin Rinks internal program participants will be required to sign a waiver via online registration. (Hockey Clinics, Freestyle sessions, etc.)
- Distance markers are placed throughout the facility showing 6 ft. for social distancing. We ask that there be no congregating in the building.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the facility.
Additional items that improve your customer experience:
- All customers will use only the center middle front doors to enter the building and proceed directly to the appropriate program area
- Players/skaters must use only their own, clearly identified, water bottle, and equipment. Our bottle filling station will be available, but the drinking fountain will be turned off.
- We ask players and skaters to come dressed. Locker Rooms will be limited. If locker rooms are needed, players must change and leave the locker rooms within 10 minutes of leaving the ice. The showers in the locker rooms are closed until further notice.
- The daily schedule and assigned locations will be posted at the front entryway
- We’ve installed protective shields on the top portion of the admissions window.
- Online registration is strongly encouraged for Twin Rinks programs. For limited walk-ups, we will be accepting credit cards only, No cash or debit.
Additional measures we are taking with our employees:
- Staff have been trained on CDC suggested cleaning methods and how to handle potential Covid-19 exposure in the facility
- All of our employees are required mandatory 5 min hand wash/sanitize break every hour
- We are taking all employees’ temperatures. Employees that have a fever will not be allowed to work.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.